BuDhaGirl's Fourth of July cocktail guide
Celebrate Independence Day with a bang by serving up some delicious and refreshing cocktails and mocktails that will make your 4th of July party the talk of the town. Impress your guests with these flavorful creations, perfect for raising a toast to 1776.
Before you dive into this recipe guide, BudhaGirl would like to state that this website, its content, and social media accounts are intended solely for audiences of the legal drinking age.
While you wear your AWB®, discover your inner Mixologist while making these beautiful cocktails.
The 1776 Cocktail:
This cocktail is a delightful blend of fresh raspberries, coconut water, and butterfly pea flower gin, creating a red, white, and blue masterpiece. Its refreshing flavors and delicate floral notes make it the perfect drink to sip on a sizzling summer day.
- Fresh raspberries
- Granulated sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- Coconut water (or substitute with coconut milk, tonic water, sparkling water, or cream of coconut)
- Empress 1908 Gin (or substitute with Blue Curacao or other blue-colored liquor)
- In a serving glass, muddle several fresh raspberries with a teaspoon of sugar to form the red base layer. Alternatively, you can use berry jam for a quick and easy twist.
- Fill the glass with ice, preferably crushed ice if available.
- Pour coconut water over the ice to create a white layer.
- Carefully pour Empress 1908 Gin over the back of a large spoon to add the blue layer on top.
- Serve the cocktail with a stir stick or straw and give it a gentle stir before enjoying it!
Red, White, and Blue Sangria:
This fruity and vibrant sangria is bursting with flavors of watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Combining sweet and juicy fruits with white Moscato wine creates a refreshing and visually stunning drink that will impress your guests.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1.5 L White Moscato Wine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Cut the watermelon into chunks or use a small star-shaped cookie cutter for a festive touch.
- Rinse the berries and drain them well.
- Slice the strawberries.
- In a large pitcher, combine all the fruit.
- Pour the White Moscato Wine over the fruit.
- Add the granulated sugar and stir well.
- For an extra touch, add a couple of sprigs of fresh mint to the pitcher.
- Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. For the best flavor, refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice and scoop the fruit and wine mixture using a ladle or large spoon.
Independence Day Martini:
Raise a toast to liberty with this vibrant and delicious martini featuring vodka, blue curacao, and lemon soda water. The bold blue color of the martini, topped with a splash of lemon soda, makes it a visually striking drink that captures the patriotic spirit.
- 1-ounce vodka
- 1/2-ounce blue curacao
- 2 ounces (about 59.15 ml) of lemon soda water
- Edible flower for garnish
- Combine vodka, blue curacao, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously to chill and combine the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top it off with lemon soda water.
- Garnish your martini with an edible flower for an extra touch of elegance.
- Sip and enjoy the refreshing flavors of freedom!
4th of July Sparkling Lemonade (Mocktail)
For those who prefer a non-alcoholic option, this sparkling lemonade mocktail is a perfect choice. With its layers of red and blue syrups, it is not only visually stunning but also refreshing and tangy, making it a hit among both kids and adults.
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) Torani Raspberry Syrup
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 oz) Torani Blue Raspberry Syrup
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) sparkling water
- 1 cup (8 oz) lemonade
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour Torani Raspberry Syrup into the glass to create the red layer at the bottom.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently pour lemonade over the spoon to create the white layer.
- In a separate container with a pour spout, mix Torani Blue Raspberry Syrup with sparkling water to create the blue layer.
- Using the back of a spoon, cascade the blue layer mixture over the spoon to form the top layer.
- Add a fun straw for sipping and enjoy the refreshing and festive mocktail!
With these delectable cocktails and mocktails, your 4th of July celebration is sure to be memorable. Whether you raise a glass of the 1776 cocktail or indulge in the refreshing Red, White, and Blue Sangria, each sip will bring a burst of flavors embodying the spirit of independence. Gather your loved ones and enjoy this beautiful 4th of July!